At times, people think that by just setting up a website, they will be able to generate a lot of revenue. Yes, it is undeniable that there is a lot of money to be made in the dating industry but you need to know how. And, if you really start to dig deep, you will find that it is not that difficult. Here are just a few points answering how to and how not to start a dating site.
1. Target a specific niche market that you are well informed about. You can take some time to research and will gradually learn more when you start running your dating website. Do not make create the idea that your one dating site will be able to attract all dating niche. You will not be able to gobble up all market.
2. Don’t start a dating website with just your friends’ profiles; make sure you have a couple hundred profiles. It wouldn’t hurt if you can get a couple of thousands as well. After all, your prospective members will join your site if they see the possibility to find their suitable match. Just like money attracts money, profiles will attract more profiles.
3. Don’t set the expectation too high if you are a starter in the online dating market. You have to learn your way up and implement your knowledge. Registering on the new dating sites may give you new ideas if not competitive advantage.
4. Don’t hesitate to experiment – It is unlikely for everyone to get it right, the first time. It won’t hurt to experiment a few new ideas that you get but shutting your eyes to the dating trends – there may be something to lose. Learn to pick what works for your dating niche.
5. Don’t get over excited and don’t give up as well. It is possible that two dating sites that started at the same time and even on the same niche may not perform equally. Keep track of your members’, keep promoting your sites, pay attention to details and never stop to add something to your site even if it is a blog.
Let’s share experiences here. We have missed a lot of points so can you share your success tips and ideas here?