How to install WP Dating Plugin
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you have set your WordPress Permalinks to Day and Name or Month and Name by going to Settings, Permalinks. You also want to make sure the PHP version is 5.4.11 or higher and MySQL is 5.5.30 or higher.
1. By reading this you probably have unzipped wpdatingplugin.zip to your computer and have 6 zip files.
dsp_dating-4.8.zip – Dating Plugin
dsp-login.zip – DS Sidebar Login Plugin
peters-login-redirect.zip – Peters Login Redirect
dzoniatheme.zip – The default theme you see on the demo
zipcodes.zip – US, UK, Australia, Canada, French, Danish and Dutch Zip Codes
123flashchat.zip – 123FlashChat.com IM Solution
2. Go to WP Admin, then go to Plugins and then Add Plugin. Then click on Upload and browse for the dsp_dating-4.8.zip file and install it and activate it. In some cases the activation of the dating plugin will create the Members page for you and put the shortcode on it. So check your Pages once you activate the dating plugin. If you have BuddyPress then you already have a Members page so just create the page you want to put the dating on and put the shortcode below on it. Whatever page you put the below code on will show the dating site.
3. The dating plugin will attempt to create the below folders. This is where all user media is stored. If it doesn’t create them then you’ll need to FTP to your file structure and create the directories and give them the permission 777. Some hosting companies only allow 755 so that’s fine too. You should already have /wp-content/uploads/ already created.
4. Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/dsp_dating/ and make the “files” and “flags” folder have permission 777.
5. There are two optional plugins you can install if you want.
DSP Login – This allows you to add a sidebar widget with quick links to Home, Edit Profile, Search, Upgrade Membership and more.
(This plugin is also provided in the zip file.)
Peters Login Redirect – This allows your members to be redirected to their members page once they login.
(This plugin is also provided in the zip file.)
6. If you are going to use the DSP Login Plugin then go to WP Admin, Settings, DSP Login and copy the below code to the Logged In Links area but change the below domain.com to your domain. If you’re going to make the Members page the main page of your site then be sure to remove /members/ from the below code. If you have a page that is not called Members then just replace it with your page name.
Remove the two URL’s that are in the text box. Those are there by default.
<a href="http://www.domain.com/members/edit/">Edit Profile</a>
<a href="http://www.domain.com/members/setting/account_settings/">My Account</a>
<a href="http://www.domain.com/members/setting/upgrade_account/">Upgrade Membership</a>
Also, in the DSP Login Settings, uncheck the “Show Logged In Avatar”.
Also, you will want to put your Login Redirect and Logout Redirect URL’s in the box. Most people put http://www.domain.com/members/ as their Login Redirect and http://www.domain.com/ as their Logout Redirect. It’s up to you.
7. If you want to use the Quick Search Widget, then go to Appearance, Widgets and drag the Quick Search Widget to the Sidebar. I would put the Quick Search Widget under the DSP Login Widget. In 4.8, there’s a new Online Members Widget as well as a DSP Browse Widget. You can use them if you want.
8. If you are going to use the plugin called Peters Login Redirect then you can set it up to redirect all members to the home page (Members). By default all new users are “Subscribers” so you can redirect all Subscribers to the Members page. Most people put the Login Redirect ashttp://www.domain.com/members/ and yes, it’s the same as the DSP Login Redirect. You want them both.
9. The dating plugin now comes with US, UK, Australia, Canada, French, Danish and Dutch Zip Codes. The files are too large to put into the dating plugin so you’ll need to unzip zipcdes.zip to your computer and upload the two zip code files to the below folder:
You can only install one zip code database at a time. To install the zip codes, go to DSP Admin, Settings and you’ll see all the zip code buttons. When you click one and install it, that button will no longer appear. Also, do know that it takes a few seconds to run. You’ll see the page refresh when it’s done. Also, if you’re installing the UK Zip Codes, do know that it will take longer for there are over 1 million records for the UK Zip Codes. Might take about 15 seconds to fully run when you click on “Install UK Zip Codes”.
10. If you’re going to use the 123FlashChat.com Web Messenger solution you’ll need to upload the 123webmessenger.zip file from Plugins -> Add New in WordPress dashboard. IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need an account at 123FlashChat.com. When you get the account, you want the Hosted solution for 123 Web Messenger.
11. Go to DSP Admin, Settings, General and make sure you set the Refresh Rate. If you’re on a shared server or a VPS, don’t set the Refresh Rate below 10. That will cause the site to run slow. If you have a dedicated server then you can set the Refresh Rate to around 3. The Refresh Rate is how often the group chat, one on one chat and sidebar widget chat refreshes.
12. In version 4.8, we have added 7 new Home Page template if you so choose to use it. The demo uses that new home page template for the Dzonia Theme. If you want to use this new look, then create a page called “Home” and put one of the below shortcodes on it. Once you create the page then go to WP Admin, Settings, Reading and choose a Static Page for your front page. In the drop down choose “Home” and if you have a Blogs page then select that one. Then, go into WP Admin, Appearance, Theme Options and turn Front Page OFF. This will disable the default Dzonia front page and make your home page the new default page.
The theme you see on the demo is Dzonia which is included in the initial download zip file.
With the new version 4.8, you’ll find 7 dating templates. Simply add one of the shortcodes below to your page to get the template. You can see all 7 templates on the demo.
Template Two: Template Three: Template Four: Template Five: Template Six: Template Seven: